Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord! We are heading back to the sanctuary! On May 10, 2020, we will be returning to the sanctuary for worship. What a treat for Mother’s Day!
BUT we will be following some strict guidelines as we do. Below you will find the guidelines for returning to worship. For everyone’s safety, we ask everyone to follow the directions we are putting in place. As much as we have missed worshipping together, we also love one another enough to care for everyone’s well-being.
The guidelines are as follows:
- Vulnerable members (elderly and those with compromised immune systems) are encouraged to continue to stay at home following the Governor’s guidelines for venturing out into public places.
- You are welcome to wear a mask if you prefer, and we will have masks available for those who would like one.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at each entrance to the sanctuary.
- No hugging or handshaking for obvious reasons. We encourage the use of the sign language sign for “I Love You” and air hugs.
- To ensure appropriate social distancing in the seating, the Deacons will be seating attendees as they arrive. We will be seating people from front to back in designated sitting areas to minimize travel in the aisles. Family groups may be seated together. The sanctuary, balcony, and parlor will be used for seating. The Deacons will direct you to your seats in one of these areas.
- Please be mindful and maintain six feet between you and any other attendees as you wait to be taken to your seat prior to worship.
- At the conclusion of service, attendees will be dismissed by rows by the Deacons as we would following a funeral or wedding. Please do not gather at the back of the sanctuary before, during, or after worship.
- At this time, there will not be Choir, Nursery, Junior Worship, Sunday School, or Coffee Fellowship due to social distancing regulations.
- Parents: Please keep your children with you at all times. This is a difficult time for them to understand as things will be different in worship. But for their safety and the safety of others, they will need to remain in the pews at all times. While we will have Family Time, children will not be going forward but will be taking part from where they are seated with you in the pews.
- Communion trays and offering trays will not be passed.
o Offering may be dropped off in the plates at the back of the sanctuary upon entering.
o Communion may be picked up at the back of the sanctuary when you arrive. Please take your communion with you to your seat and place in the holders on the pew until time to receive during the service.
We realize that these guidelines may seem extreme to some and to others not stringent enough. We are doing our best to ensure everyone’s safety while also providing us the opportunity to worship together in person again. Because of this, we encourage everyone to offer a Spirit of Cooperation and Charity with those leading and with those who may have a difference of opinion.
If you have any questions, please contact the church office, your Elder, or Pastor Kim.
In Christ’s Love,